New Sulcata Owner!!!

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lewisville, Texas
They’re adorable! I’m sure you’ll definitely have fun caring for them!
However, please keep in mind that they cannot be housed together. Tortoises do very poorly in pairs, especially Sulcatas :)

chulpe

California
They’re adorable! I’m sure you’ll definitely have fun caring for them!
However, please keep in mind that they cannot be housed together. Tortoises do very poorly in pairs, especially Sulcatas :)
They don’t seem to be aggressive towards each other right now, maybe later I will separate them. Thanks!

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
They don’t seem to be aggressive towards each other rigt now, maybe later I will separate them.

The problem is, aggression can be hard to spot. It is very rarely physical, but takes the form of things like “following”, which is really chasing, “cuddling”, which is really crowding, sitting on food, climbing over each other, or just being together in general. Pairs never work out because there is always a dominant and a subordinate, and both are constantly stressed and cannot escape from each other.

Keeping them together will only cause harm, and I highly suggest that you get them separated before anything happens.

chulpe

California
The problem is, aggression can be hard to spot. It is very rarely physical, but takes the form of things like “following”, which is really chasing, “cuddling”, which is really crowding, sitting on food, climbing over each other, or just being together in general. Pairs never work out because there is always a dominant and a subordinate, and both are constantly stressed and cannot escape from each other.

Keeping them together will only cause harm, and I highly suggest that you get them separated before anything happens.
Alright, I have 2 enclosures so I’ll separate them!