New Sulcata Habitat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulcata520

5 Year Member
Hi! I'm building a backyard area for 2 young Sulcatas that I am getting from a breeder in Phoenix AZ. The pen in about 5 x7 feet, with a small hutch for shade and a sprinkler system. I'm very new to owning tortoises so I would like some recommendations.

Attachments

• image-468737597.png
    image-468737597.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 98

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi sulcata520:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

That's a nice-looking baby habitat. One thing we recommend is to cap the tops of the blocks in case they try to climb. When the cap is extending over into the habitat, they can't climb out.

Are you also in Phoenix?

What would you like us to call you?

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Are they babies or do they have some size on them? If they are babies then you will have to put protection up because of predators (cats, birds, dogs). And to always have water available for them because they dehydrate very easily here in AZ. Looks fantastic though!!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and WELCOME. Check out the threads at the bottom of my post. They will give you lots of good info for raising healthy, smooth, hydrated sulcatas.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Welcome to the forum. Your enclosure is imaginative. Will your babies be in it all day or just part of the day?

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
Looks excellent! Just be sure you can keep up the humidity which is hard to do outdoors in AZ. Humidity is key to raising a healthy Sulcata.

Sulcata520

5 Year Member
I've cover the enclosure in a wire fence to protect them from cats and predatory birds, the Sulcatas are about two inches long and can they live full time in the habitat?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I would bring them in at night until they're to big to be carried off by a predator.

Status
Not open for further replies.