New start

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
spain
:) Hi guys i am back,
I have turned my life upside down and inside out and decided to start afresh, New job, New friends more torts geckos loose in every room to kill any insect, 3 metre long Iguanas (two being very aggressive),

Unfortunately for me i no longer work in a petshop, Sad about not seeing my reptiles, Although my customers still use me.

I did visit the shop sometime last month and was told that the reptiles in the shop that i left behind had died, through bad care. Which made me angry, as though they only had to call me. Now they have a 20cm pardalis in with an 8cm russian. I told them that "if left together the russian will die", one being through starving because the big one will eat everything and /or disease.

Today i visited the shop again and they are still together, it just saddens me that i can no longer protect them.

You are probably wanting to know why i have 3 Iguanas! Well as i said i still do my own thing with reptiles! I received a phone call from the local dog pound saying that they had rescued 2 iguanas that were on the beach and would i take them in, Guess what I meant to say NO but it came out yes! They are male and female, very aggressive, undernourished, dehydrated and the male was missing some of his tale.

A couple of weeks later another phone call from the pound again, same thing some one had found an iguana in their garden, could i take it in, Again head saying NO but mouth wasn't compliant, So i end up with a very tame male, He is so tame the kids hand feed him. I have found good homes for 2 of them and just need to get a home for the third, Which by now the first 2 are getting better at being handled.

Received another tort with shell damage, i repaired the shell and 2 months down the line she is in her new home with a male of the same size and species.

Any way glad to be back have missed you guys.x:tort::tort:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Wondered where you were off too. What caused you to decide to remake your life (or is it too personal, which I understand that)?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, we're glad to have you back. I've gotten tired of being the only "Yvonne" on the forum!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
P.S. That's a new picture isn't it? Love the horse. Is that you on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.