New Redfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
I would like to introduce my new Redfoot hatchling. I have named the little one Alice after my favorite movie character.

I got this little one from Matt and even though I was not looking for a Redfoot tortoise, this one had split scutes and I couldn't pass on it.

These two photo were sent to me by Matt before I picked the little one up.

imagepng952.png

imagejpeg953.jpg

My wife took this with her cell phone so the quality sucks but I still like the photo. So sleepy...

0203122124.jpg

I woke the little one up to take these last few photos..

0204121426b.jpg

0204121426a.jpg

0204121426.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
How precious! I absolutely love that color of orange on a Redfoot. How old is he? Can't be more than a month.. two at the most!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
right on D' man ......... great looking lil' tort ! ... love the split scutes:shy:

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Mgridgaway said:
How precious! I absolutely love that color of orange on a Redfoot. How old is he? Can't be more than a month.. two at the most!

I think no more than a month, this was my first time seeing a hatchling Redfoot in person and I love how bright the orange color is.

ALDABRAMAN said:
Congrats, just beautiful!

Thanks Greg..

N2TORTS said:
right on D' man ......... great looking lil' tort ! ... love the split scutes:shy:

Thanks JD.. My wife wants another one now... I think I've turned her into a maniac like me, lol....

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Northwest FL
Glad to see you got a little redfoot! First redfoot I ever bought had a split scute also, you have a real cutie.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
jrcrist4 said:
Glad to see you got a little redfoot! First redfoot I ever bought had a split scute also, you have a real cutie.

Thanks John, they are so hard to resist when they are hatchling...

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
I'm glad you like him! He was the first that I've ever had with split scutes, they're kind of interesting. I have about 4 or 5 more that I'm waiting on to hatch, shouldn't be too much longer. It was nice talking with you the other day, don't be a stranger!

-Matt

Mgridgaway said:

He was born roughly two weeks ago. He still has a little remnant of his yolk sac still intact. :)

-Matt

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
matt41gb said:
I'm glad you like him! He was the first that I've ever had with split scutes, they're kind of interesting. I have about 4 or 5 more that I'm waiting on to hatch, shouldn't be too much longer. It was nice talking with you the other day, don't be a stranger!

-Matt

Mgridgaway said:

He was born roughly two weeks ago. He still has a little remnant of his yolk sac still intact. :)

-Matt

No problem, I will be getting with you later about the NARBC this up coming weekend...

tortuga_please said:
Awesome little redfoot :-D :tort:

Thanks, the pictures don't do this little on justice...

Status
Not open for further replies.