New Redfoot Tortoise Mom

jeneliza

Location (City and/or State)
burton michigan
I do not have anything in my yard and my yard guy has put fertilizer on the yard and all that so it’s been a mess. I hate I can’t take him out only on the concrete which sucks but I didn’t know.
[/QUOTE you can buy , them and
Would there even be a way to find out how old he is? I will cover it up today I’ll get some things from the dollar tree to make it. I just bathed him this morning and loved on him. I’ll be glad when he gets really comfortable with me. I tried to get him to eat but I guess he will on his own time. I do have one more question his food is in a dish lee it that way or just spread it out on the mulch?
No don't put food on the substrate, a flat dish is fine, you want to keep him from eating as little of the substrate as possible, they do eat a little from time to time, and a little isnt to worrisome, but you don't want him to eat alot of it

RaeLee

Georgia
No don't put food on the substrate, a flat dish is fine, you want to keep him from eating as little of the substrate as possible, they do eat a little from time to time, and a little isnt to worrisome, but you don't want him to eat alot of it
I understand it’s just my nerves and I am so anxious. That’s all.

jeneliza

burton michigan
I understand it’s just my nerves and I am so anxious. That’s all.
Your doing great, nothing to.stress over, your baby will eat,mine as always eaten alot one day and picks at her food, the next day or two, she's always been this way, we all have made mistakes, your doing fine, trust me you are

RaeLee

Georgia
Your doing great, nothing to.stress over, your baby will eat,mine as always eaten alot one day and picks at her food, the next day or two, she's always been this way, we all have made mistakes, your doing fine, trust me you are
I appreciate that. I put this on another thread but I took him out yesterday and laid him on a blanket and spread it out and OMG....he was finally peeing and pooping I guess he had to walk around some and he was just moving. I put some food on the blanket and he enjoyed that and you should tell me was trying to get back out when I put him up but I had to finish working and did not want to loose him in the house or he get ahold of something on the floor. I am happy. Today was the first time I ever seen him completely in his shell sleeping and I panicked to make sure he was still breeding. I am just nervous that's all and I made sure there was heat on him for a little while and then I covered the top with a blanket until I am able to use the tin foil and card board. Did not get to go to the store but I will today. when I get my work day over. I just appreciate you taking the time to message me back I am feeling better but I know I have to learn to relax but my anxiety is through the roof. I want to make sure he is warm enough, and feel good and so far.

RaeLee

Georgia
okay so I have been doing right with that. And he does eat and he is already spoiled. He eats out of my hand sometimes. LOL

jeneliza

burton michigan
I appreciate that. I put this on another thread but I took him out yesterday and laid him on a blanket and spread it out and OMG....he was finally peeing and pooping I guess he had to walk around some and he was just moving. I put some food on the blanket and he enjoyed that and you should tell me was trying to get back out when I put him up but I had to finish working and did not want to loose him in the house or he get ahold of something on the floor. I am happy. Today was the first time I ever seen him completely in his shell sleeping and I panicked to make sure he was still breeding. I am just nervous that's all and I made sure there was heat on him for a little while and then I covered the top with a blanket until I am able to use the tin foil and card board. Did not get to go to the store but I will today. when I get my work day over. I just appreciate you taking the time to message me back I am feeling better but I know I have to learn to relax but my anxiety is through the roof. I want to make sure he is warm enough, and feel good and so far.
honestly, don't worry if he doesn't sleep in his shell, most times my doesn't, she actually sleeps with her neck and head all pulled out and sometimes she uses a rock to hold her head up, the first time I seen it , I thought she was also dead, lol, nope just likes to sleep that way, she usually doesn't sleep in her hide, she usually sleeps under a plant and digs a little bed, in the substrate, and pulls her head all the way out it's the weirdest thing I seen, but she's always done this, once in awhile she will pull her head in her she'll but not offen