New Red Foot owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

HHISIII

5 Year Member
Just got him today, at Lowcountry Exotic Pets in Summerville, and he's settling in to his terrarium nicely.
2011-02-28_21-59-13_160.jpg

:D:D:D
About 7 months at a little over 3"scl

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Welcome and congrats! My name is Jacqui, what's yours? Is this your first?

HHISIII

5 Year Member
Thanks all.

This is my first tortoise, actually, my first reptile. He's been all over his terrarium (97 gallon, he looks so small in there!) and chowed down like crazy when I put some greens in.
The cat is INCREDIBLY interested! lol.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
HHISIII said:
Thanks all.

This is my first tortoise, actually, my first reptile. He's been all over his terrarium (97 gallon, he looks so small in there!) and chowed down like crazy when I put some greens in.
The cat is INCREDIBLY interested! lol.
Lots of room to GROW!

S

Scooter

Welcome to both the forum and the wonderful world of tortoises! :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Sounds like he is doing great! Cats normally don't hurt tortoises, but just checking, can the cat get to him? My cats are more dangerous either wanting to use the tort area as a litter box or getting under lights and trying to catch their fur on fire.:(

HHISIII

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
:D Sounds like he is doing great! Cats normally don't hurt tortoises, but just checking, can the cat get to him? My cats are more dangerous either wanting to use the tort area as a litter box or getting under lights and trying to catch their fur on fire.:(

He's snoozing just outside of the direct beam of his heat lamp now. I've got a board over the top for now so the cat can't get in. I'll get a piece of plexiglass cut in the next few days to make it all pretty.

It was pretty funny, the cat was just staring and the Tort came right up to the glass and tried to bite the cats nose through it! He's a bold little guy.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi HHISIII:

Welcome to the forum!! May we know your name and where you are?

I've had cats pick up baby box turtles before and carry them around in order to find a better spot to play with them, so you DO have to keep your eye on the cat until the newness wears off.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Very cute!

That cute food dish is going to be kinda small sometime rather soon. You might find that it eats better from a flatter surface, like a plate, slate tile, margarine lid, etc.

You'll find a lot of great people here willing to help, so feel free to ask anything!

HHISIII

5 Year Member
I'm Joe, from Hilton Head, SC.

The food dish is already kinda small. A daily serving of greens is heaping in there. I'll figure out something new in the morning.

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Welcome, your enclosure looks great, I might be a little wary of the light being clamped inside the aquarium like that...might want to relocate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.