New Pond is Coming Along

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, CA
N2TORTS said:
Great job Mike ! .....What kind of filter are you going to be using? ...I have tried many on the market and the UV are by far the best ...although spendy , but well worth it . Since we are neighbors I have some " secrete spots" to add some natural critters to your set up .....give me a buzz ~ .... would it be intrusive to share some my ponds and set ups from the past here ?

JD~:)

Heck no, go ahead and share. I haven't decided on a filter yet. Going to see how it goes

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Orange County, CA
Turtles are in the pond. Here's a couple
3D46FC1B-BE8E-461E-A2DB-65A4F3E23927-1181-00000132153434CE_zps7ff3956c.jpg

550A31CB-4721-4CD5-B2AA-F0F4C6B2CCA0-1181-000001329A49DB4B_zps4a3f2137.jpg

volcom6981

5 Year Member
Awesome are those Northern Diamondbacks? I keep Northern, Southern, and concentric diamondbacks, and love them. Pond looks great!

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Orange County, CA
There is one northern (I think) diamondback, an eastern painted, a western painted, a map turtle, a softshell and a little musk turtle

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I love your pond!! You did an excellent job. The picture with the little guy is adorable!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
That looks awesome !!.... Job well done :D
You will find it's alot of fun and very relaxing to watch the " life" the occupies the pond.....ENJOY! Time for some frogs and for sure some mosquito fish ( very important or you will have an infestation ...even with running water) ....I know of some local spots since your in OC ...
By the way where in OC Mike ?

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Orange County, CA
I'm in Seal Beach, at the border with Los Alamitos. I'm afraid frogs will eat the small turtles. Most frogs will eat whatever fits in their mouth. I would appreciate local spots for mosquito fish, could be handy. Right now there's Koi, goldfish and guppies which may keep them in control. But I'd still like to know

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
MikeCow1 said:
I'm in Seal Beach, at the border with Los Alamitos. I'm afraid frogs will eat the small turtles. Most frogs will eat whatever fits in their mouth. I would appreciate local spots for mosquito fish, could be handy. Right now there's Koi, goldfish and guppies which may keep them in control. But I'd still like to know

these are small tree frogs ..... I have several that roam the back yard year around , and help with insect /fly control come spring and summer. The frogs are no larger than a dime. We are close as my office is in HB off Bolsa Chica and McFadden.... I live in South Whitter ( end of valley view) ... my secret spot is in brea/fullerton area.
frog5.jpg

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Orange County, CA
Tree frogs would be perfect, if they'd stay around. I'll try and find some, I'll need to plant more around the pond for them. Can't have tall plants because of the screen that goes on at night (stupid raccoons). Your office in the old school on McFadden? I might be able to get mosquito fish from OC vector control. There's already a lot of fish in the pond though, so I hope what I have takes care of them

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
funny ya mention the " stick " around part .... I hear a few of them on both sides of the nieghbors now .... " croaking" to others still residing in my back yard ..... it's a crack up and usually happens as night falls , the neighbors don't seem to mind .. and sure beats dam barking dogs all night! Yuppers the shop/office is in the industrial part right off Bolsa Chica across from the ammo bunkers~:D

Status
Not open for further replies.