new plants for steve

the_newzie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
las vegas
I have decided yet but was leaning towards Grayson.... Maybe just stick with The Boy Wonder

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)
There is no wrong choice when it comes to youthful ward.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
There is no wrong choice when it comes to youthful ward.
I pick up 3 yearling 3 toes boxies tomorrow afternoon and need some help naming them. I'm trying to decide if I want to continue with comic book charters or keep the comic book names for the tortoises and go Disney for the turtles like Huey, duey, and louy. If I keep with my current theme I think I will go bad guys (since turtles and tortoises are different) maybe the joker, penguin, and two face.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
You've already changed the soil. Baking would be for the soil it came with, I think. When I get a new plant, I only feed new growth, not the leaves or flowers it already has but what grows after I've changed the soil. After it's been out in the rain for weeks and has been "flushed" by numerous waterings. If that chemical smell was there when I got it, I wait longer. That smell may not be obvious to everyone unless your nose is hypersensitive.

the_newzie

5 Year Member
las vegas
I pick up 3 yearling 3 toes boxies tomorrow afternoon and need some help naming them. I'm trying to decide if I want to continue with comic book charters or keep the comic book names for the tortoises and go Disney for the turtles like Huey, duey, and louy. If I keep with my current theme I think I will go bad guys (since turtles and tortoises are different) maybe the joker, penguin, and two face.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)
Terrible_trio.jpg
Just a thought...

the_newzie

5 Year Member
las vegas
You've already changed the soil. Baking would be for the soil it came with, I think. When I get a new plant, I only feed new growth, not the leaves or flowers it already has but what grows after I've changed the soil. After it's been out in the rain for weeks and has been "flushed" by numerous waterings. If that chemical smell was there when I got it, I wait longer. That smell may not be obvious to everyone unless your nose is hypersensitive.
Yeah I think the baking suggestion was to combat the presence of bat guano and chicken stuff in the new soil. I was pretty thorough on my inspection of the plants and didn't notice any weird smells (but my nose isn't the greatest I will admit). I will hold off as long as I can and try to only feed the new growth. Thanks for the advice! Everything helps when you're just learning like I am. Lesson Learned: Grow your own plants from seed or be ready to plan(t) a year in advance.

the_newzie

5 Year Member
las vegas
Pic didn't show up. The old lady wants to name them villains. She picked bane, Loki and I picked lex Luther.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)
Those are great names! Your wife knows her stuff! The picture was supposed to be of a long forgotten super villain combo known as the terrible trio (really bad, golden age villains created to fight the dynamic duo).