New pics of Honey..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
We have had Honey for 2 months now and he/she is making great progress. With almost 200 grams of growth in 2 months he/she is very active and loves to explore. We have great expectations for its future.

IMG00476-20110904-1518.jpg

IMG00475-20110904-1518.jpg

IMG00474-20110904-1517.jpg

IMG00478-20110904-1518.jpg

IMG00477-20110904-1518.jpg

The video was taken with my phone so it's not the best quality.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yT3vh_SVbQ&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Robert said:
Seems Honey has certainly found a great home. Looks very happy. Nice job!

Thanks, we might have to change the name in the future, as he/she has grown we can see signs that the plastron might become concaved, but time will tell...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I kinda like the name Honey, even if it's a male. Can't you imagine the neighbors over hearing conversations you might have with Honey and think "spouse"? :D

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Jacqui said:
I kinda like the name Honey, even if it's a male. Can't you imagine the neighbors over hearing conversations you might have with Honey and think "spouse"? :D

I am laughing about someone over hearing me talking to honey and thinking its my wife, it could be strange...:p:p

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I have a kitten named Honey, and trust me, it causes identity issues with my husband, lol.

Glad to see your Honey is feeling better!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Kristina said:
I have a kitten named Honey, and trust me, it causes identity issues with my husband, lol.

Glad to see your Honey is feeling better!

lol, thats funny. I picture you calling out honey and both your husband and kitten come to see what you want..:)

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
That is exactly what happens! ;) Or if I say "Honey!" in an exasperated tone, she runs away and he says "NOW what did I do?" LOL

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Please continue to keep us updated on Honey's life. It will be interesting to see how the shell grows now that Honey is getting the proper care and sunshine.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Kristina said:
That is exactly what happens! ;) Or if I say "Honey!" in an exasperated tone, she runs away and he says "NOW what did I do?" LOL

I know I am in trouble when my wife calls me by my real name...:D

emysemys said:
Please continue to keep us updated on Honey's life. It will be interesting to see how the shell grows now that Honey is getting the proper care and sunshine.

I will Yvonne, Honey has made huge improvements in the two months since we got her..

Torty Mom said:
Yay Honey, she looks happy marching around! Good job! I bet she thinks she is in paradise! :D

She moves so much better now, she has now problems climbing over things now...

Turtle Guru said:
she is in a better place now with you :D

She seems happy and it makes us feel like were doing a good job...

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Awesome beans. She's gonna have some funky bumps as she grows up lol, but at least she gets the opportunity to grow up...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Conversations over heard by the neighbors " honey did you poop in the water again" " honey stop mounting the others" " honey stop trying to eat my toes"
Looks like it is enjoying life, can't wait to see how it's shell imroves.

pandacakes

5 Year Member
Oregon
It makes me smile to see that she has such a good home now and that she has the opportunity to live a happy life with good care :)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Weda737 said:
Awesome beans. She's gonna have some funky bumps as she grows up lol, but at least she gets the opportunity to grow up...

Thats true, she won't be perfect but she will be happy...

dmmj said:
Conversations over heard by the neighbors " honey did you poop in the water again" " honey stop mounting the others" " honey stop trying to eat my toes"
Looks like it is enjoying life, can't wait to see how it's shell imroves.

lol I like that...hopefully there will be a lot of smooth growth under those bumps...

pandacakes said:
It makes me smile to see that she has such a good home now and that she has the opportunity to live a happy life with good care :)

We are happy that we can give her a better life...

Status
Not open for further replies.