New owner looking for advice!

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
Lots of torts like weeks like dandelions but you must be careful of where you pic these. Roadsides, parks and common areas in community's typically use pesticides. Don't let your tort free range in your yard if your use pesticides or fertilizers in your yard. Catus pads are a big hit (take the splines off). The leaves and flowers of any Mellon, cucumber, squash or tomato plant is good.

People also debate witch calcium dust to use. Some have vitamin D3 and some don't. My guy gets natural sun light for a few hours twice a week so I don't use the D3. A few people will tell you not to use it at all but the majority of people will say to use it. You've just got to try and see what works for your tort. Keep a food log and see what he likes and doesn't. The calcium must take bad because mine turns his nose up at it which is why I dust his fruit with it. He'll eat anything on his fruit, lol.

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
And FYI. I'm No expert so please read up everything this board has to offer. I'm Simply repeating what others have told me and things I've learned along the way.