New outdoor tank for RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luckie

5 Year Member
So LittleFoot has his first outdoor tank. It's not as big as I wanted it to be but I can't wait for my boyfriend anymore. This one is 36x12. The one I'm waiting for is 48x18. However that's being occupied at the time so for now this will do!!

I did soil on the bottom and the moss on top. Planted some pansies, strawberries, dandelions in there. I have trays more growing and is sure seems like I'm going to need them. This little guy is LOVING this!!!

I had him in his 72 bow for 2 weeks and he barely moved. He is ALL over the place in here and he's been in here for about 2 hours! He's eaten 1 pansy flower, a few leaves and a stalk of dandelion weed! He's walked all over it!! I am almost in shock because he rarely even moves in his tank. It's like a different tortoise!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My leopard usually searches all around when I put him in a new area or I redo his old one. But, then he is done and goes back to hiding. Don't forget a water dish. It can get pretty hot inside a plastic tote outside.

Luckie

5 Year Member
Yes! I am running out tonight to get him a new dish!

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
It looks great! Definitely keep part of it in the shade so it doesn't get too hot.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Good job...echo everything everyone else has said to do. Love that coloring...you have a nice little tort there. Will he be outside all of the time now?

Luckie

5 Year Member
DixieParadise said:
Good job...echo everything everyone else has said to do. Love that coloring...you have a nice little tort there. Will he be outside all of the time now?

It's still too cold to leave him out all the time. Also, Chicago's humidity probably isn't ideal for him. So he's going to be a part time outdoor tortoise....

Status
Not open for further replies.