New Outdoor Enclosure

The Fish

Hello everyone! I would like to share with you all my new outdoor enclosure for my leo. Any suggestions are welcome!

IMG_1509.JPG

IMG_1510_zpsnnnft5h0.jpg

IMG_1510.JPG

IMG_1511.JPG
^Afternoon nap

IMG_1508.JPG
^I bring him in for the night and place him in his night time cage.

All suggestions/comments wanted!

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
I like the plant cover. :)

I have a friend that recently lost her leopard to hardware cloth. Little thing climbed up and out....never seen again. I'd suggest a different barrier OR a lip along the top.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Very nice enclosure. I love all the planets. Try A 2 x 12 board instead of the hardware cloth. Your tortoise is absolutely beautiful. I hate to sound paranoid but we have had members whose tortoises were stolen, even in broad daylight. I say this because it looks like you're very close to a street there. is there a place in the backyard or behind a locked fence or you could keep the tortoise?

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Very pretty enclosure. The plants look great. I think he is going to enjoy that a lot. The small fence makes me nervous as well. Boards or bricks would work better. It helps when they can't see out to keep them from pushing on the fence. Really nice space though. I love it. Remember to provide a water dish.

The Fish

Thanks for the suggestions! Sadly we don't have a backyard, otherwise I would have set up the enclosure there. One good thing is someone is always home so we keep a fairly close eye on the front yard, but him being stolen is defiantly a concern. I will look into replacing the fence with stone.

Thanks again guys!

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
If you put a lid on top of the fence then they won't be able to just lean straight over and grab him. It's good you have an indoor enclosure for nighttime and when you're not home.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
If you put a lid on top of the fence then they won't be able to just lean straight over and grab him. It's good you have an indoor enclosure for nighttime and when you're not home.
I meant lip just a little overhang so they can't reach straight down.