galapagosgirl1

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Hi everyone!

I'm galapagosgirl1 and I'm a new tortoise momma of two newly hatched tortoises! I have one egg left and I'm hoping I will be successful with it as well. I'm looking forward to reading your posts and learning from your experiences!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He'll and Welcome. I'm assuming they are Galapagos tortoises? Jumping in big, brave. I take it you bought eggs to hatch or do you have the adults too?

galapagosgirl1

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Florida
He'll and Welcome. I'm assuming they are Galapagos tortoises? Jumping in big, brave. I take it you bought eggs to hatch or do you have the adults too?
You are correct, they are Galapagos tortoises. The eggs were given to me from a friend. I started with seven but ended with three. Several had cracks but couldn't be saved. Not that I didn't try! Two of the three hatched 3 days apart. I'm still hoping the third is viable. But I'm not giving up. The second to hatch is significantly larger than the first, however the first has a much larger tail. Obviously, I'm not sure of the sex, but they were named Beethoven and Bach!

This is definitely my first rodeo so I'm open to any advice you may have!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, that's great. I don't have a galop but my understanding is raising them pretty much the same as the aldabras and most all species. High humidity and warm temps, lots of room. We have a couple members with them that hopefully can help.
Post a thread if you haven't in the Galapagos section.