New member w/sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

allenleaann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arlington, Texas
My husband and I have a 5 year old Sulcata, he weighs 26 pounds, how much should he eat in a day? We give him handfuls of collard greens and cactus pads, probably a couple of pads a week and hibiscus flower and leaves here and there. He seems like he could just eat and eat non stop, I just want to make sure we are meeting his needs and I want to make sure he is satisfied and not feeling hungry. We are to pick up a bag of Mazuri tomorrow, and we also grow collards, sweet pea flowers, hibiscus, cabbage, kale, swiss chard among many other acceptable veggies.

Read more: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-new-member-with-food-question#ixzz1Imm6xftV

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
RE: how much should I feed?

emysemys said:
Hi allenleanne:

Welcome to the forum!!

May I assume that you and your partner are "Allen" and "Leanne"?

May we know where you are?

I took the liberty to move your food question out of foodafiish's thread her to your own thread. That way you'll get more answers to the question. You can find your question here: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-new-member-with-sulcata-food-question#axzz1ImuivrXa

Thanks for moving her post Yvonne. Lea Ann is my wife and she is still trying to navigate the forum. She is also still getting use to Vegas and the amount of food he will eat before he is full, so she is just wanting to make sure she is doing all she can. I on the other hand know he loves to eat and it doesnt bother me as much when he acts like he is always hungry.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Oh! Another husband/wife team! I think that's so great that you both have an interest in the tortoise. Just makes my heart proud!! :D

allenleaann

5 Year Member
Arlington, Texas

dalano73 said:
emysemys said:
Hi allenleanne:

Welcome to the forum!!

May I assume that you and your partner are "Allen" and "Leanne"?

May we know where you are?

I took the liberty to move your food question out of foodafiish's thread her to your own thread. That way you'll get more answers to the question. You can find your question here: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-new-member-with-sulcata-food-question#axzz1ImuivrXa

Thanks for moving her post Yvonne. Lea Ann is my wife and she is still trying to navigate the forum. She is also still getting use to Vegas and the amount of food he will eat before he is full, so she is just wanting to make sure she is doing all she can. I on the other hand know he loves to eat and it doesnt bother me as much when he acts like he is always hungry.

It's Dmarcus and Lea Ann We live in Arlington, TX, will work on getting a pic.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Welcome to the forum, i also am a proud owner of a sulcata

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
sweetpeas... might not be good... not sure....

does your tort graze? if so,, i wouldnt worry too much on supplementing much...

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Laura said:
sweetpeas... might not be good... not sure....

does your tort graze? if so,, i wouldnt worry too much on supplementing much...

Hi Laura.

Lea Ann is my wife and I asked her about the sweetpeas because I didnt remember us getting or planting that and she said she meant snap dragon. Vegas does graze she is just worried he doesnt get enough to eat because he has a very big appetite.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. I leave a flake of grass hay available all the time for mine and then feed them all sorts of the other stuff already mentioned. During this time of year their pen is totally over grown with weeds and they just graze all day every day. They won't even eat anything else right now. Their giant bellies are all full of weeds and grass from all the rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.