New member in Bangkok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jane Singh

5 Year Member
Hello, I am Jane. I live in Bangkok and for the past 3 years had a lovely Indian star called Stanley. I was given him by a friend who only had a small balcony and wanted him to live in a large garden. Stanley was a character and we all loved him so I was devastated to come home last week and find that he had very suddenly died at the age of 4. It is very strange not having a tortoise even though I have many other animals so I would like to find another one (or two) soon. The only place I know which sells tortoises is Chatuchak market and they have all been illegally imported. So I would really appreciate hearing from any tortoise lovers in Bangkok who know of any other places where I could buy healthy, happy tortoises. I can guarantee a good home!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Jane and welcome to the Forum!!

I'm so sorry that happened. Do you have any idea why your tortoise died?

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
We do have a few members in Bangkok, and I believe that they also have stars. Hopefully they will answer. Chatuchak might be your best bet, though.

Jane Singh

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Jane and welcome to the Forum!!

I'm so sorry that happened. Do you have any idea why your tortoise died?

Thanks for the welcome! I have no idea what happened to Stanley. He was fine one day and dead the next. Really sudden and such a shock.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) So sorry for the loss of Stanley. That must have been such a shock. Good luck in your search:)

mytortET

5 Year Member
Sawadee ka Jane! Sorry to hear about the loss of your Indian Star, Stanley. :tort:

Welcome to TFO! :shy:

Status
Not open for further replies.