new Lil' Gulf Coast Boxie

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Here's Millie...It's too cold for her outside now, so I had to bring in the Christmas Tree Storage bin. She's so pretty with lots of color. I was surprised because the one's I saw, I thought they were kind of drab. She has lots of orange patterns in her shell, and some white and orange on her face. Very friendly. This is the first Gulf Coast I've ever had. I love her!
019-20.jpg

016-29.jpg

015-27.jpg

009-41.jpg

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Aww too cute. The only boxies I have seen in person had really bad/long beaks and looked very unhealthy. This one looks great.

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Are those pics of her inside the Christmas tree bin? If so then wow that is an amazing setup for a tote!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
This is the Christmas Tree bin. I think she's too small to be with the others for now, so she's in this and when the weather gets warmer I just have to bring it back outside. I love these bins. They are really big, and have wheels on one side, and very easy to move even if filled with substrate. I made some holes on the bottom of mine for drainage. Great for little guys that can't be in a big enclosure. On one side I planted some spring mix seeds. You can see the little sprouts. On the other side next to the hide I planted some Rose of Sharon seeds. By the middle of the Summer they will be little trees for shade.

018-29.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

Gulfies are great turtles, they are much more aquatic than most box turtles so make sure she has a swimming pool. She's really pretty...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
She looks pretty content in there. If you have earth worm issues with Pio again this year, I'll bet she'll remove the problem for you. :)

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
where did you get a gulf coast from? it's amazing how much babies look alike.

TebowHammer

5 Year Member
Georgia
Excellent enclosure and adorable boxie, Terry! Takes me back to the days when my dad would bring home box turtles for us. Good times!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Tom said:
She looks pretty content in there. If you have earth worm issues with Pio again this year, I'll bet she'll remove the problem for you. :)

Tom....I put some white fish and veggies, with a few strawberries in the blender. This morning I put some in a plate, and she ate the whole thing. Next time I will decrease the white fish, and keep doing this until she is eating the greens and veggies only. White fish (canned) is ver strong so it's a good way to start getting your boxies into greens and veggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.