New home!

Adellecase

Location (City and/or State)
Bristol
Hi all. I just want to post to make sure I am doing everything ok. My parents bought 2 tortoises last year, Flo and Wilma. Wilma became a little aggressive towards Flo so we have decided to separate them. I now have Wilma, I have attached a photo of my set up. Please can someone give me any advice or if I am doing anything wrong? Wilma seems happy so that’s good but any comments are welcome! Anything to make her happier! (I have checked temperatures and they are fine). Thank you in advance ?

Attachments

• 4BA7C5C9-CA7D-44AE-9970-788251D9C054.jpeg
    4BA7C5C9-CA7D-44AE-9970-788251D9C054.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 19

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Its great that you separated them. As you have already learned, tortoises should never be kept in pairs.

Your set up looks okay. Thicker substrate and more space would be good. Here is the current and correct care info. Most of the care info you find is simply wrong.

Adellecase

Bristol
Hello and welcome. Its great that you separated them. As you have already learned, tortoises should never be kept in pairs.

Your set up looks okay. Thicker substrate and more space would be good. Here is the current and correct care info. Most of the care info you find is simply wrong.
Thank you that’s really helpful! Previously we were using sand and soil but I have just changed over to coco coir which I’m reading different opinions on but I will see how Wilma finds it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thank you that’s really helpful! Previously we were using sand and soil but I have just changed over to coco coir which I’m reading different opinions on but I will see how Wilma finds it.
Use a thick layer, hand pack it, and give it time to settle. Keep it damp, but not sopping wet.