new home adjustment

lskaife

I brought my russian home 2 days ago, how long does it take for them to adapt well...i havent seen him poop yet, and he didnt poop in his soak either. how often should he be pooping?? urinating??

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
sadly there's no time frame, it takes a tortoise as long as it needs to to readjust. A few days a few weeks no one can tell U, I'm very sorry.

lskaife

ok, great this is so good to hear. He has only been with me for 2 days, hasnt been eating a whole lot, but i am adding calcium daily to his diet, and a cuttle bone is available..is this good? ive got a uvb bulb also from zoo med in the same lamp as a basking bulb. i had seen urine with urates when i brought him home friday, but have not found any since and no poop. he also hasnt peed or pooped in his soaks, hoping he is still just adjusting.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Only a small pinch of calcium should be given 2 or 3 times a week, if he has cuttlefish bone available then some nibble on that when they feel they need it.
I'm not familiar with the bulbs but they may be OK as long as they are not coiled or long thin loop sorts