new hermmann hatchling on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephenblock

5 Year Member
I just had a question about temps. I have a ub light for the two byx foot rubbermade upstairs. I was wondering if I could have the lights off upstairs for the hatchling at night because it only goes down to 75 degrees at night in my upstairs which is very hot normally. I have a 100 watt sunblast uvb/ heat bulbs. I am going to leave patr of the enclosure covered with a plastic lid for the tortoise to get away from the heat if needed. I guess my question is around letting the temps in the room fall to the seventies for my tort with no heat source? What is the safest temp that my tort hatchling could take? The other question is whether or not the bulb itself might makes things too hot for the little guy? Didn't know if anyone could give me advice on this? I plan on getting the her,am as well my redfoot up to size to put in their outdoor homes that I built for each next spring.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
Hermanns can take very low temps, now heat is necessary for you at night. I would keep the nighttime temps in the low 70's-low 60's.

Status
Not open for further replies.