New Hermann Owner

tortilover2299

I would like to purchase a Hermann Tortoise but first I was wondering if someone could give me some tips. I have never owed a tortoise and I would like to have this one's enclosure inside. Can someone give me the basics on the tortoise table, substrate, food, etc. Also, how many times a day should it eat? How should I keep the humidity? Any basic information for a new owner would be very helpful and appreciated. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome :) Your goal should be to house the baby inside at night and outside during the warm summer months. When they are young, at least a couple hours a day outside would be good.
Take a look in the hermanns section and read the sticky threads. Other Hermanns owners will be on to help you further, I don't own a hermanns.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome to the forum. Just follow Bar's suggestion and you will gain lots knowledge and ideas.

Happy reading.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Hello. A bit of a late welcome from me. How are you doing with your research? I saw you other posts on contacting Chris, of Hermanni Heaven. Good choice!

May, Aussies, & THBs
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES