new here

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlove

5 Year Member
Hi, my name is Kathy and I live in Pleasanton, TX. I have owned a trio of russian torts for a little over three years and today I bought an adorable year old golden greek. I bought it as a male but it looks like a female to me. I have been researching your old posts and it seems like a great site.:)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Welcome to the forum Kathy :)
If you have any pics of your tortoise family, do not hesiste to post them, we love pics :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Kathy:

231847nzkmg3jq0a.gif

to the forum!!

Yvonne

(PS: Just in case you didn't know, you should keep your new tortoise separate from your existing tortoises because you should never mix species. )

mlove

5 Year Member
Thanks for the warm welcomes. I do have tons of photos of my russians that I can post once I figure out how. They live in a very large outside pen and I only bring them in when the weather starts getting colder. As of yet I have never brumated my russians and have only decreased the light and heat cycles during winter. My new golden greek will live inside until it is is bigger although I do have a cage that it can use while getting sun outside. I will definitely keep the new gal/guy in quarantine for several months. I also keep a large collection of chuckwalla lizards so the new tort will be kept in a totally separate room from any of my other herps.

Status
Not open for further replies.