New here :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFappToThis

5 Year Member
So hey, I just stumbled upon this forum while looking for tortoise info (finally going to get one) and figured it would be a great informational site. You all seem pretty chill and I look forward to being a part of this community :) btw any small tortoise suggestions? Cant have a big one for now haha.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi iFappToThis:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

A Russian tortoise is a great first tortoise, stays small, has tons of personality.

What would you like us to call you?

...and may we know appx. where in the world you are?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Welcome. A great starter tortoise would be a Russian or Herman's. It also depends on where you are located at. Tortoises thrive best at being kept outdoors as much of the year the temperature will allow. Location is a big factor as well as humidity levels and temperature requirements.

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
RT's are awesome! Lilith; my soon to be 10 inch female was my 1st introduction back in to Tortoises.

iFappToThis

5 Year Member
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. You all can call me anything you please, my name is Edgar though. I'm located in Connecticut, which is in the eastern US. Thanks for the suggestions, I might get a Russian.. but yeah, the whole reason why it cant get too big is because I cant keep it outside during half the year :(

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Welcome to the forum!
Have you checked out Russians?

iFappToThis

5 Year Member
Jacob said:
Welcome to the forum!
Have you checked out Russians?

Thanks man. Yeah, they seem to be the best choice for me atm. Any word on the recommended enclosure size?

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Me gusta to your user name. Though I hope you don't really fapp to this forum, that would just be awkward.

iFappToThis

5 Year Member
Bow said:
Me gusta to your user name. Though I hope you don't really fapp to this forum, that would just be awkward.

Haha thanks. But yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night o_o

Status
Not open for further replies.