New here and getting into torts with a passion

Status
Not open for further replies.

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
I've always liked turtles. I even had a few when I was little, but my grandmother found them in her yard, so we released them back in the woods. Sense then, I haven't had any turtles or tortoises. My mom always said, they carry salmonella and you'll get sick, yet she's let me have bearded dragons, plenty of leopard geckos and crested geckos, a ball python, rosy boas, pac man frogs, gargoyle geckos, p. Bastardi, as well as rats, hamsters, mice, and chinchillas, and of course the dogs and the cat when I was much younger.

She never understood salmonella can come from other animals and other things besides turtles and tortoises.

But anyway... I got my 2 Russians, a few months ago, and I'm waiting on a cherryhead red foot. I'd love a few more, but space and time doesn't allow it right now. Plus, my parents would flip if any more came in the house. I don't think my mom's even telling my dad I'm getting the redfoot, but hey she knows, so it's all good.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi.

Carl
carleatinggrass.jpg

Eve
eatingfrombowl.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Carl:

994445qe6dnfah5i.gif

to the forum!

Yvonne

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Welcome to the forum! What a cute tort family. I'd love to see more pictures of them and their enclosures.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome, a word of warning though, they are addictive and habit forming. :)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
goReptiles, welcome to the forum. Carl and Eve are a very nice looking pair. And what a nice looking breakfast they are having. :) Would you prefer to go by goReptiles or would you like us to use your name? And just because Am nosy, what is your age if I may be so bold as to ask? Glad your mom finally let you get torts. Hopefully your Dad will find them as addicting as most of us on here has. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.