New and considering a Hermanns Tortoise, DFW Texas

Cleigh9579

Location (City and/or State)
Arlington Texas
Hello,
I am new to the Forum and to tortoises. I have kept other reptiles. I have kept and bred Leopard Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos and Ball pythons. I have sold everything but my 4 Gargoyle Geckos. I fell in love with a little Hermann's Tortoise at the NRABC ( North American Reptile Breeders Conference) last weekend. I talked with the breeder and other people at the reptile show, As well as other Herp people I know. I am on here to do more research. I want to make sure I can provide what is the best for the animal and that I get all of my questions answered before I bring one home.
I would appreciate any information or little pros and cons of experienced keeper of Hermann's.
Thank you in advance.
Cleigh9579

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Cleigh9579

Arlington Texas
How Long would I be able to keep a small tortoise inside? The one I really liked was about the size of a baseball.(not the shape). I instantly fell in love with it. But talked myself out of the purchase at the time. I have Gargoyle Geckos. I have experience with Leopard Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos and Ball Pythons. I also have experience with breeding and incubating these 3 species. I knew I needed to make sure I could meet the little ones needs correctly before just jumping into taking one home. I am trying to do what is best for a Hermmans, But I would like to learn all I can. And see if one is even a good fit. I was told by the man selling it that it could stay in a plastic tub for a year or 2 indoors.