Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
078.jpg

testing to see if i can post a picture...

I DID IT!! i have no clue how!

Ok,, now to take more tort pics!! whoot whoot!!
oh, and the kitten is my foster baby.. but I may fail as a foster mommy this time around..
meaning... I may keep him!
He needs a name tho...

abra

5 Year Member
Mass
Aw! I would name him Lenny. Just because it randomly popped into my head :) I tend to do that...I was hungry when I named my cat Nugget ;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I had a little male kitty that looked exactly like your foster. We named HIM Scary Alice. I loved the name and it seemed to fit him, however, because he was a manx with no tail, we started calling him Cubby (bear cub) and that stuck.

M

Maggie Cummings

I think a story on how or why he's a foster kitty would be much more interesting than what to name him...:)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
He was found at a Apt complex, with a sibling who was not well... sibling did not make it out of the Vet office.. I was called to pick this one up and take to the shelter..
He was too small/young to put up for adoption and needed more time. If I left him at the shelter, he would be exposed to over crowded conditions and get sick, so he came home with me. I have fosterd over 30 kittens for them the last few years, but due to all my personal loss this year. i wasnt doing it... I felt it was time. I thought he needed a buddy, and the vet called the next day with another drop off.. I took him home too.. and sadly he didnt make it.. That tore my heart out.. He looked a lot like Gizmo, the one i lost in Jan. I knew why i wasnt fostering..... this guy got sick.. but I got him thru it.. TLC. So now.. he has his appt to be neutered.. and they asked me if I was taking him home or leaving him there to be adopted after his surgery... Im not 100% sure yet,, but if I name him, and my heart gets sad deciding to say goodbye... he might come home with me after hsi surgery and with adoption paperwork all filled out!
So,, now you know!

M

Maggie Cummings

Laura said:
He was found at a Apt complex, with a sibling who was not well... sibling did not make it out of the Vet office.. I was called to pick this one up and take to the shelter..
He was too small/young to put up for adoption and needed more time. If I left him at the shelter, he would be exposed to over crowded conditions and get sick, so he came home with me. I have fosterd over 30 kittens for them the last few years, but due to all my personal loss this year. i wasnt doing it... I felt it was time. I thought he needed a buddy, and the vet called the next day with another drop off.. I took him home too.. and sadly he didnt make it.. That tore my heart out.. He looked a lot like Gizmo, the one i lost in Jan. I knew why i wasnt fostering..... this guy got sick.. but I got him thru it.. TLC. So now.. he has his appt to be neutered.. and they asked me if I was taking him home or leaving him there to be adopted after his surgery... Im not 100% sure yet,, but if I name him, and my heart gets sad deciding to say goodbye... he might come home with me after hsi surgery and with adoption paperwork all filled out!
So,, now you know!

So where's your picture?
That's a great story...there's no end to the heartbreak of caring for animals. But at the other end of the spectrum your heart soars when they make it. I have fostered many kittens, but Big Bubba didn't like babies and always had to teach them manners...sometimes not very patiently...

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
my picture? Its in the show yourself and a few others.. different computer.. so i dont have any on here...got to go to Facebook!

maggie... i just reposted.. its the Yosemite Jaguar post....

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
He is a cutie!! What about Smokey or Jack as in Jack Sparrow? I love those movies! We are not very original one cat is Henry the other is Baby Kitty, except he is not a baby anymore.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
He's adorable. I'm sorry to hear about the other ones, but at least this one has you and that makes for one lucky kitty. :)

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
He's adorable. Good luck! I hope he grows big and strong and finds a loving home. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.