new enclosure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyprettyrave

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
we started building it last night, its huge and will give Ophelia ALOT more room to roam around and do her thing!!! ill put photos up tnght

but i was wondering, if it would be ok to use a waterproofing paint, on the inside, to prevent water from rotting the wood

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Paint or line it with plastic. A shower curtain liner works well for this. If you paint it be sure to let it air out for a couple days for the smell to dissipate.

Balboa

5 Year Member
PNW
This is what I used on mine, inside and out.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Minwax Helmsman Spar Urethane.

I sanded first, and then put on three coats of that, lightly sanding between coats.

So far it has worked well, totally moisture tight, crack free, and even held up to abuse from Rocky's claws and shell. I'm sure she'll wear through it eventually though.

heyprettyrave

5 Year Member
New York
that looks like it would work, for the inside i may use that. i wanted to paint it though just because it would look classier, do they have that in multiple colors?

Balboa

5 Year Member
PNW
Nothing looks classier than natural wood (at least to me) why cover up its natural beauty? :)

(can you tell I'm a woodworker by hobby)

There are multitudes of stain variants you could try, but staining is a little bit of an art (it takes a little practice to get good results). Most are in various shades of browns and reds. If you recall from the pics of my enclosure, the "trim" pieces were stained golden oak before I applied the urethane.

J

jhonsonels

Was impressed by the design goals emphasize ease of use on-site assembly and rapid deployment - by simplifying the overhead cable or gathered in the pre-installed under the floor - and order routing and termination of fibre optic cable bundle. Number of ground breaking new features and supporting the development of the project has left a deep impression, especially for families, to provide a complete solution of the problem, they often face data center managers today.

Status
Not open for further replies.