new enclosure

gamera154

Location (City and/or State)
grand terrace ca
my tortoise gamera is now in a new enclosure it's again small a 2x2 but its bigger than the last one and once again its mostly for night and cold days oh and i have a question how do you stop them from scratching the walls he never did this before oh and it only gets around 80f basking in this one while it got 95-99 in the other one is this becuase its glass

hingeback

5 Year Member
Malaysia
my tortoise gamera is now in a new enclosure it's again small a 2x2 but its bigger than the last one and once again its mostly for night and cold days oh and i have a question how do you stop them from scratching the walls he never did this before oh and it only gets around 80f basking in this one while it got 95-99 in the other one is this becuase its glass
The enclosure walls are glass?

hingeback

5 Year Member
Malaysia
That's why he's scratching the walls, he can see pass it and he is trying to get out. You probably wanna cover the glass so he won't try to escape.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
80 is the low side of the heat range. The lowest sustainable temperature for good health.
How cool is the rest of the enclosure?
Gamera is the tortoise that fought Godzilla, right?

gamera154

grand terrace ca
80 is the low side of the heat range. The lowest sustainable temperature for good health.
How cool is the rest of the enclosure?
Gamera is the tortoise that fought Godzilla, right?
about the sam temp and no gamera and godzilla have never met