New enclosure for my new leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesst

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I found this on craigslist last night and going to pick it up tomorrow. It is 41'' long and 24'' deep. It has a sliding plexi glass door and an area on top for her lights. Here are a couple of pics from the craigslist ad

Attachments

• enclosure.jpg
    enclosure.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 99
  • enclosure2.jpg
    enclosure2.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 73

TimTortise

5 Year Member
Iowa
That's nice. It's amazing what you can find on craigslist. You'll need to change the sign to sign to beware of Leopard haha

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
Just picked it up and it is nice and big, it is 3.5ft by 2ft by 2ft. I have some additions to do like water sealing the inside....which i need some suggestions as to what will be the best way to do it. and the some of the top is metal mesh, so i have to take that off and fit it with a piece of plywood, leaving some air holes for air flow. I plan on attaching her mvb and che to the plywood top inside the enclosure so it is only about 12'' from the substrate. we are going to the nursery sometime this weekend to pick up some more plants for Morla's home and seeing what they have available for our new little one. Im even thinking of switching Morla into this bigger home and giving the new one her old home. It is a homemade critter condo the size of a 40g breeder tank. The only problem is there is only one outlet for a basking light. Would it be ok to just put a che in the enclosure and use the uvb bulb as her light or does she need something brighter?
I need lots of suggestions as to how to make the new little leopards transition to her new home better.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.