New enclosure, any comments? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Norway
Hi,

This is the enclosure I made for my pride and joy. :) The enclosure is 120cm by 45cm (made by using some natural wood and screws), food and water dishes are from exo terra. Hideing log is also exoterra. Lamp is Exo Terra 125W combination heat+UV. The flowers are Campanula. I have also added a IP cam so that I can keep an eye on the little guy while at work. The bedding is cypress wood shavings.

If anyone has any comments\suggestions for improvement I would be happy to hear them since this is my first enclosure.

Attachments

• DSC_0029.JPG
    DSC_0029.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 117
  • DSC_0030.JPG
    DSC_0030.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 159

arotester

5 Year Member
I would say job well done for a first timer but i would think about changing the substrate to something that can hold moisture and is easy to dig.Also,take care that bulb fixture will not collapse and humid hide would be nice.
well done though :)

gtc

5 Year Member
Norway
arotester said:
I would say job well done for a first timer but i would think about changing the substrate to something that can hold moisture and is easy to dig.Also,take care that bulb fixture will not collapse and humid hide would be nice.
well done though :)

My little guy digs with no problem with what he has. I thought that greeks shouldnt have a substrate that can hold moisture? What would you recommend?

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I agree with the above post and think youz did a good job!
:)

tortugatamer

5 Year Member
Texas
To start awesome job. When I built my first enclosure it was an open top, but after reading several of the care sheets/ posts on this site I added on to make it a closed chamber. I find it easier to keep the temps and humidity up with it enclosed. Now I built my table for a Leopard tort. Not too sure about the needs of your tort, but I would check out a few threads, find someone who has torts of the same species that look healthy and happy and do what they do.

arotester

5 Year Member
gtc said:
My little guy digs with no problem with what he has. I thought that greeks shouldnt have a substrate that can hold moisture? What would you recommend?

hi gtc,
well i gave you general way of keeping torts but still i am no greeks expert.It mainly depends on the subspecies of greeks or the area they come from.So, may be someone with greeks can help you out ,threads search on greeks would help you.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.