New Eggs ! ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
OK it happened this morning - or at least I found them this morning. Echo has been gaining weight for just over a month. then she lost some weight then she started pacing and mounting Ajax then pacing. She fell off her feed (ate much less than usual) but she refused to use her laying box. I caught her digging at the floor of her enclosure twice, but each time I moved her she stopped digging. The last time I moved her she went into the corner and slept for almost a day and a half. So I did as any good Grandma does I dumped the dirt from her laying box into the spot she had been digging and last night about midnight (yes I got up to check on her, I couldn’t sleep anyway) she was pacing again but would not use the dirt area. She kept trying to dig with her front feet at the wall of her enclosure. It just seemed something was off. So I placed the aspen she had been digging in the first two times over the dirt and patted it down hard. She checked it out and continued to pace. At 1:30 AM I gave up and went back to bed.

This morning when I checked on her she was on the outer edge of what I had pile up last night and she looked to be covering with her back legs instead of digging, so I gently moved her and found tightly tucked between the wall and a piece of slate 4, Yes 4 lovely eggs. They were packed so tightly between the wall and the slate I had to move the slate to get them out. I removed the eggs, cleaned, marked and weighed them and they are now in the incubator at 87 F.

When I left Echo was eating a well deserved meal. I did take pics and will post (in the photo section as soon as I can (messed my camera up so I have to use a card reader) download the pics). I am so excited I couldn't wait until the pics were ready to post this, and she has never had 4 eggs before.
Two weighed 22 grams and 2 weighed 21 grams. Now the wait begins (biting nails). First the wait to see if they will even chalk.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Congrats on the eggs! What an exciting day.

Yvonne

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
THAT IS SOOOO EXCITING! WOW. I want to see pics!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Thats great news Robyn :D Hopefully all 4 are fertile. I think your learning that females never do the same thing twice and always where you don't want them to. :p

Danny

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Wahoo for you Robyn!!! I hope they are all fertile for you! I hope I have some boxie eggs this year.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Boy Danny, you have never spoken more truthful words than those above ;)
Yvonne, Meg, Isa, xfollowthereaperx, Danny and Dee thanks for the kind words and well wishes.
Dee I am sending good vibes your way for those Boxie eggs.

Oh, and I took pictures I just can't get them out of my camera yet. Saturday a friend will be bringing me a card reader so I will post pics on Sunday hopefully.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Millerlite, I must say I do get more excited over the eggs than Christmas gifts but you are right you never know just what is inside the wrapper :)

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
It's late but congrats Robyn, I hope your eggs are fertile!!! I'm hoping for fertile eggs this year, but mine are still snoozing.

Status
Not open for further replies.