New day, new rant of Nature shows

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
OK, we've recently reviewed the "assembling stock footage" and telling a false story around it rant of nature shows.

Todays gripe is less angry.... a question in fact.

I notice that on Roku nature shows, there are roughly 14,000 shows labeled "Season 1, Episode 1'

WHY?

I assume they are all vying for sponsorship and most don't get enough funds to carry the show beyond a few episodes? I know that we have some folks very involved with the TV industry(God bless you) so maybe they can fill in my blanks?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Just a guess, it could be that Roku's format/categorization puts shows into season/episodes.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Golly Gee Whiz! 14,000 First Episodes to watch! All this and heaven too. I can't wait! 😍

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
LOL....girl...you aren't right....LOL

I realize that I may have exaggerated a little.

I also realize that there's a world in the production of TV that I know nothing about. The reason for all those short-lived shows no doubt, resides in there! Someone should chime in though before I begin believing the rumor's that it's because the hosts get eaten in the wild! LOL

Roku is a online website. On their website you can choose any of the other websites that sell
"recorded movie or TV time", called "streaming". If the event is happening live, it's called "live streaming".
. (You and I would call it sharing a video) They have a Live TV section of their site that together with a remote control, allows the user to switch channels very quickly.....us old folks LOVE that. The penalty is that 90% of the shows are a minimum of 20 years old and the Nature programming is produced by British, Aussie or African firms. The commercials are the same 8 commercials, for 5 years! I could recite them! LOL

I'm not really complaining, curious but not complaining. They are free.....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Season 1, episode 1 because they were so bad there never was or is going to be an episode 2.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hahaha 😂 Yvonne! But I have to admit that all this time when I heard people talk about live streaming I thought they were going fishing for new stock for their fish tanks. Thanks, Jeff🤓