New Carolina box turtle enclosure

julietteq

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amsterdam. Netherlands
Good morning,

I have finally finished my box turtle enclosure. I wonder how they will destroy it when it gets warm enough for them to live it. it will be the home for 1 male and 2 females. Please let me know your thoughts how to improve it. They also have an indoor shelter that is heated where they can go if needed.

.Screenshot 2020-06-11 at 11.51.21.pngScreenshot 2020-06-11 at 11.51.10.pngScreenshot 2020-06-11 at 11.50.59.pngScreenshot 2020-06-11 at 11.50.47.pngScreenshot 2020-06-11 at 11.50.33.pngScreenshot 2020-06-11 at 11.50.20.png

julietteq

5 Year Member
Amsterdam. Netherlands
Not in there yet because the weather is still to cold. and no, they cannot escape because it is a patio completely enclosed by the walls of our house :)

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Ah...he is so cute and he has a lot of room! `well done !
I have 18 actually...those couple were put there at the beginning of Spring so I could see if there's any new escape routes created over winter. I will add the water when it gets warmer. they will be out days and inside nights...

julietteq

5 Year Member
Amsterdam. Netherlands
I have 18 actually...those couple were put there at the beginning of Spring so I could see if there's any new escape routes created over winter. I will add the water when it gets warmer. they will be out days and inside nights...
That is really smart....testing for escape routes! I am already worried about finding them because they tend to digg in to hide:)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Not in there yet because the weather is still to cold. and no, they cannot escape because it is a patio completely enclosed by the walls of our house :)

Too cold? How far North can you be in New York? There are folks in Ontario with temps in the low 70’s. You clearly have warm temps good for Box Turtles! Get them out into that paradise. It’s already “Summer”.

julietteq

5 Year Member
Amsterdam. Netherlands
Too cold? How far North can you be in New York? There are folks in Ontario with temps in the low 70’s. You clearly have warm temps good for Box Turtles! Get them out into that paradise. It’s already “Summer”.
well.....I am located in the Netherlands near amsterdam and it is between 50 and 60 Fahrenheit here :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you're not planning to be in New York, it might be a good idea to go to your profile and change it from New York to the Netherlands. . . just sayin'
well.....I am located in the Netherlands near amsterdam and it is between 50 and 60 Fahrenheit here :)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
If you're not planning to be in New York, it might be a good idea to go to your profile and change it from New York to the Netherlands. . . just sayin'

yeah.....makes it a bit hard to provide good info if one doesn't accurately represent their location. Just double saying.

julietteq

5 Year Member
Amsterdam. Netherlands
Sorry about that, I used to live in NYC but we moved back to Amsterdam 5 years ago.. Just never got around to changing it. But it is done now :)