New cam

Cleopatra 2020

Location (City and/or State)
El Mirage. Az
yes it is a reptile Matt I figured it was better than paper towels as I was trying to give her something more than that since that so flat but yet still feeling safe I'm transferring over the orchard bark really soon I'm just been trying to get things together and I'm building her a new enclosure which is like a 4 by 4 ...2 ft tall or so.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Mine bury when they sleep not on a slate what is the substrate?

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
no you need orchid bark and hiding places review the set up

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
Mine bury when they sleep not on a slate what is the substrate?
I discuss all that in the comment right above yours
no you need orchid bark and hiding places review the set up
yes Sarah I realized that I had an issue with substrate in the beginning that's why I made the switch the breeder I got her from uses paper towels because it's sanitary and they can clean the poops up easier and find them however I am going back to using Orchard bark as I stated with my new enclosure that I'm building right now which is going to be pretty good size for her

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
His/her tort eats the orchard bark, he/she has tried a bunch of different substrates including cypress mulch and coco coir. Hence the reptile carpet.
When I get the new Orchard bark I'm going to go through it piece by piece and make sure they're all bigger than her mouth... LOL?

Minority2

Tortoise Hell
I discuss all that in the comment right above yours
yes Sarah I realized that I had an issue with substrate in the beginning that's why I made the switch the breeder I got her from uses paper towels because it's sanitary and they can clean the poops up easier and find them however I am going back to using Orchard bark as I stated with my new enclosure that I'm building right now which is going to be pretty good size for her

What specific breeder did you get your tortoise from?

Agathaade

Los Angeles
Hey, I’m not sure if this applies to your tortoise at all, but when I noticed mine trying to eat her orchid bark a few times, I was puzzled bc she is offered plenty of food she seems to enjoy.
I observed more closely and it turns out she was trying to get at little pieces food I couldn’t see.
I give her her dried calendula once a week and I didn’t realize she drags the petals all over the place. I thought she was eating them this whole time, but no they’re scattered about and that’s what she’s trying to eat when I catch her seemingly nibbling at bark.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
Hey, I’m not sure if this applies to your tortoise at all, but when I noticed mine trying to eat her orchid bark a few times, I was puzzled bc she is offered plenty of food she seems to enjoy.
I observed more closely and it turns out she was trying to get at little pieces food I couldn’t see.
I give her her dried calendula once a week and I didn’t realize she drags the petals all over the place. I thought she was eating them this whole time, but no they’re scattered about and that’s what she’s trying to eat when I catch her seemingly nibbling at bark.
that's true as well I just don't want to take any chances with her having to ingest something cuz she is a Piggy and eats everything I put in front of her

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
So that meant you received it before hatching. I hope you followed every guideline posted to the letter from the breeder or else the tortoise may develop long term health complications.
Nope I did not get her before she hatched she was completely hatched when he sent her to me she was 3 months old weighing 64 grams when I got her now she's going to be 9 months old on the 12th and she weighs 200 g.....??

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
The Wyze camera is great. I have the same one.