New bedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harley

5 Year Member
Ok so I took some advice. And went and got some new bedding. I took out the pellets and put in cypress. I also put a water dish in. I kinda sunk in both food and water that way he doesn't have to climb to get food and water. I had the water dish closer to the log, but he likes to climb and flip himself over. so i moved it farther away from the log. What does everyone think? Anything need to change?

Attachments

• image-421264172.png
    image-421264172.png
    843.5 KB · Views: 50

evette009

5 Year Member
Very nice. I'm in the process of switching the bedding. I also had my turtle on pallets :/ is that bedding moist?

Harley

5 Year Member
Ya its moist. I dont know if he likes it though. At first he dug, ate alittle. Then went into his log and hasnt moved.
I moved him to under the light cuz he was really cold. So we will see what happens

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
It doesn't look like anything is under the light on the left side. I suggest putting some flat rocks, stones, slate pieces or tiles. Something to soak up the heat. Torts like to bask that way.. It also helps radiate heat into the enclosure once lights turn off.

Harley

5 Year Member
There is nothing in that corner. The reason is because he really likes to dig on that side in that cornet. he does have some flagstone under the light to warm up. I'm not sure he likes the new bedding. He hangs out in the log a lot now since the change. I have had to move him to under the light because he is cold

Status
Not open for further replies.