New baby!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoseRose

5 Year Member
So, I'm lucky enough to live near Tom, and this morning I met with him and got a baby GPP!!! He had a yearling too, with the most adorable personality, and I was REALLY tempted to get him instead, but I did have my heart set on a baby so I ended up sticking to that.

Anyway, I am not entirely sure of her name yet but I'm fairly certain that it's Precious, after the Alexander McCall Smith books (I figured I might as well stick to the detective trend...I had actually planned to name my next turtle or tortoise Scudder but figured I ought to go with an African detective). Since the GPPs tend to be female I'll go with that assumption -- and anyway, a boy named Precious is better than a girl named Scudder, I think.

And since I know I'll get hounded otherwise, here are pics!

Precious1.jpg

Precious2.jpg

Precious_ruler.jpg

She is in a tiny temporary enclosure in the pics; I've just moved her to a big rubbermaid tub and will have her regular enclosure ready tomorrow (I had a 20gallon tank for her, but per Tom's advice am taking it back for something bigger). She's already had a snack of kale and romaine, spent about 30 minutes basking outside, and is now taking a nap.

I love her!

~Rose

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That's a very pretty tortoise, Rose.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
Cute baby! You can never go wrong when you get your tort from Tom! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.