New Baby Turtle (More questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShellyGinny29

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
:tort: So... I haven't gotten little Ginny to eat yet (I got her from Oregon's Reptile Expo today, she's a three-and-a-half year old Eastern Box Turtle) whenever I offer her a lettuce leaf she just sits there like, "Um... Am I supposed to eat that?"

She's also taken a few naps, mostly because when I was taking her home she was freaking out and trying to get out of the little cardboard box (is it okay that she's like that?)

Any advice for getting her to eat?

Thanks!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
A green leaf? How about trying something juicy and gooey....like a night crawler or some other juicy meaty thing?????

Also, if you just brought her home today I would not be too nervous about not eating right away.....

BUT....please wait round for the experienced boxie members....:D

leonardo the tmnt

5 Year Member
Not an expert but you should give him some time to settle in his home=] he is probably stressed out and needs time

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
My Boxies do not get too excited about greens. I offer either fruit or greens with worms, rolly pollys or some type or protien everyday. Give it a try :)

dannel

5 Year Member
Saskatchewan, Canada
I'm by no means an expert but give her a little time to settle in and then try feeding some live worms like superworms or something like that and her hunting side might kick in.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
At three years old they still want mostly protein....worms, or any kind of buggy thing. My three year olds will eat a mix I make...greens, veggies, fruit, cooked sweet potato, cooked carrots, soaked turtle pellets, or mazuri, or turtle brittle, some ground venison too. Chop it all up in tiny pieces and mix. I make this mix once a week, and they get it every day. Everyone loves it. In the afternoon, they'll get some worms. When I go in the garden, I always carry a treat...a worm, or strawberry and give them some. After a while they will know you are the person with the goodies and they will come running. Let her adjust for a few days. Try just giving her some worms or a piece of fruit. How about some pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.