Nelson's remodeled enclosure + more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
I got him a few new fake plants and a different water dish for the corner. His enclosure is much more interesting now! He has slept under both fake plants but still prefers to sleep on or under his hay!

100_3837.jpg

100_3771.jpg

100_3781.jpg

100_3828.jpg

100_3830.jpg

100_3833.jpg

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Katie,

That's a nice enclosure and an absolutely adorable Nelson! What great big bites he takes:)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Awww Nelson is sooo cute :D.
That is a really nice enclosure Katie, I am sure Nelson is really happy in it!

padjo32

5 Year Member
Ireland
Aww he looks very happy with his new plants. Then again, he always looks happy and very cute! :D

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
OMG!!! Nelson is so cute. He looks so little in there. lol Your pictures are wonderful too!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I love looking at these enclosure pictures as I always get new ideas for Taco's house. Thanks (am now going to try a variation on the water bowl :)

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I used to use one of those ceramic plant saucers but it absorbs the water so that wasn't working too well. That's just a container full of river rocks. I positioned the rocks so that they slant down a little to get a little deeper water at one end.

Thanks for the nice comments!

Shelli

5 Year Member
Antigua West Indies
Owww sooo tiny!! Bless... I answered in your other post about weight lol... but your little tortoise looks so tiny baby compared to Olive so no wonder it doesn't weigh very much...
:)

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
That's great! What's the temperature where you have the food? Looks like it might be pretty warm and thus wilt it faster. Some torts eat it right away though, so not an issue. hehe My tort isn't a morning tort so on the days we have to feed him before we leave for work, it may sit out for 5-6 hours before he gets up and eats!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Nelson races over the second I put the food down haha ;)
That's a good point though if I ever have to leave food down. Maybe I'll switch his tile with the log.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
That's a good sign! My tort was eating breakfast by 11am today and that was a big feat for him. Luckily (unluckily?) my fiance is between jobs so he stays home with our tort all day so Trevor gets fresh breakfast every day.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I love his name Nelson it's so cute for a tortoise. There's hardly anything cuter than a tortoise eating. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.