Need to re-home my beautiful one year old red foot.

MalB

Location (City and/or State)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Turns out I am actually her foster mother. I helped her get out of a home that could no longer care for her the way she needs. I'm 75 and did not realize how much would be involved with caring for her and given my present situation I also feel I'm not giving her what she needs. It's been recommended I bring her to the Colorado reptile humane society for adoption. Would this be the right place to bring her even though it break my heart not to know who would adopt her. Any suggestions?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Let's wait and see if any of our members are interested in adopting her.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If you can, give it some time to see if one of our members can take her
Are you willing to ship if someone talks you thru it?
Be careful of new members that post only on adoption threads. A lot of them only want free tortoises so they can sell them.
If all else fails, yes, the reptile humane society would be a good idea.

MalB

Fort Collins, Colorado
Let's wait and see if any of our members are interested in adopting her.

If you can, give it some time to see if one of our members can take her
Are you willing to ship if someone talks you thru it?
Be careful of new members that post only on adoption threads. A lot of them only want free tortoises so they can sell them.
If all else fails, yes, the reptile humane society would be a good idea.
Thank you for that information. I wish it could be somebody close by so I could visit but I may be open to shipping her.

Reactions: Ink

KiraBeckham

Fort Collins, Colorado
Turns out I am actually her foster mother. I helped her get out of a home that could no longer care for her the way she needs. I'm 75 and did not realize how much would be involved with caring for her and given my present situation I also feel I'm not giving her what she needs. It's been recommended I bring her to the Colorado reptile humane society for adoption. Would this be the right place to bring her even though it break my heart not to know who would adopt her. Any suggestions?

MalB

Fort Collins, Colorado
Happy to report that a beautiful family is adopting Arya. Actually I think it's their very gentle smart 9-year-old boy who is adopting her! He fell madly in love with her( he is passionate about tortoises and has wanted one for awhile) as did the other members of the family. I couldn't ask for a better forever home for her... Kind and compassionate with wonderful ideas for creating a great habitat indoors and outdoors in their backyard. And... They live 5 minutes from me and I'll be pet sitting her if they need one when they go out of town. My visiting is encouraged! Thank you to everyone who encouraged me to post and wait. Grateful on so many levels 🥰

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Happy to report that a beautiful family is adopting Arya. Actually I think it's their very gentle smart 9-year-old boy who is adopting her! He fell madly in love with her( he is passionate about tortoises and has wanted one for awhile) as did the other members of the family. I couldn't ask for a better forever home for her... Kind and compassionate with wonderful ideas for creating a great habitat indoors and outdoors in their backyard. And... They live 5 minutes from me and I'll be pet sitting her if they need one when they go out of town. My visiting is encouraged! Thank you to everyone who encouraged me to post and wait. Grateful on so many levels 🥰

Please point them to tortoiseforum.org 😄