Need help with set up

ChrisJohan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
I got this sphagnum moss from the forest(Dont worry, I've cleaned them) but I'm just not quite sure on where to put them.
Right now I've placed them around the edges like so.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1422601184.196711.jpg
My tort is a 3 inch russian, and he loves it, as soon as I place the mosses, he just starts climbing them.
And also I dug up a shallow wide hole inside the cave and placed some more sphagnum moss inside it. What do you guys think of this? ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1422601399.258726.jpg
I just thought it might be a nice bedding for him.

ChrisJohan

5 Year Member
Indonesia
I like the looks of that enclosure! Are you a professional landscaper?
Hahaha nah, I wish. It just takes a lot of reading and learning, I'm not even sure if I'm on the right track with this, LOL.
That looks incredible! Sphagnum moss doesn't get enough appreciation.
I couldn't agree with you more! It just brings the colour out doesn't it? I just thought it looks more like the nature.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
This is really nice. I am always jealous of creative people. I struggle making my enclosures pretty. Couple thing though. The water bowl is dangerous. The sides are too steep. The best option is a terra cotta plant saucer. It should be sunk into the substrate,so it is level. Do you have a Russian and a Sulcata in that enclosure? Do you have a heat light and UVB?

ChrisJohan

5 Year Member
Indonesia
This is really nice. I am always jealous of creative people. I struggle making my enclosures pretty. Couple thing though. The water bowl is dangerous. The sides are too steep. The best option is a terra cotta plant saucer. It should be sunk into the substrate,so it is level. Do you have a Russian and a Sulcata in that enclosure? Do you have a heat light and UVB?
The sulcata will be bunking with the russian for now while I make his enclosure. And as for the feeding dish, I agree I reckon the saucer is a great idea. UVB light yes I do indeed, and for the heat I use black ceramic heater and I leave it on 16 hours a day(its hanging above the basking spot in the picture).