Baby Sulcata habitat standards

SulcataPapa

Location (City and/or State)
Palm Springs
image.jpg
Hello all,
Could I get advice about my habitat build for my 2 baby sulcata Buddha and Chan Chan. They’re about the size of an index finger, maybe 3 inches(for now). Enclosure is 1’X3’/coconut shaving on bottom. Walls are sphagnum moss and hide is covered in moist sheet moss with moist sphagnum moss bedding inside. Plants are hibiscus. 60 watt light is (about) 12” away. External temp is 80 degrees. Pebbles are strictly decor.
Is this habitat big enough for my little guys? Any further advice?

Minority2

Location (City and/or State)
Tortoise Hell
1. Separate both of them. Tortoises will generally bully, fight, rape, and maim the weaker tortoise in a small captive bred environment until either one eventually dies. Even certain species of tortoise that are known to be friendlier towards others have a chance of resorting to violence against one another. Members will warn you because they care about you the owner, the tortoises, and your bottom dollar because vet bills are extremely expensive. That and the bully (even if the owner fails to see it happening) can cause lasting trauma to the victims.

2. Don't use sphagnum moss. It's not only an inferior substrate choice but also an eating hazard that can cause tortoises to become backed up i.e. impaction which can be dangerous and lethal if not treated.

3. No. The enclosure you're using is too small. Sulcatas grow phenomenally fast can reach up to 10 inches in as little as 1-3 years. The healthier the faster. Ideally, each sulcata hatchling should have their own individual 8ft x 4ft temporary indoor enclosure before they get large enough to be permanently kept outside. I don't know if you already knew this or if the place you purchased them failed to let you in on this information.

4. Read and follow the guidelines written in this thread/care guide. Change any incorrect equipment to whatever is specified in the guides to prevent exposing your tortoises to the incorrect bulbs or products that may cause them harm. Pay attention to the required daytime and night time heating and humidity requirements for young sulcatas.
https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/the-best-way-to-raise-a-sulcata-leopard-or-star-tortoise.181497/