Need help with security cameras

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swansea UK
Hi, I have moved most of my torts into a shed in the garden while i have some major building work done to my house.
I bought a wi fi security camera to keep an eye on temps and things but it is too far away from the house and wont pick up the signal any ideas how to make it work or know of any cameras that will ,it's about a 30 yard distance.It's no fun running up and down half a dozen times through the night lol

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I like the idea of cameras! I don't think I have enough torts to justify some though... yet.
Have you ever heard of those cellphone-distance towers? (no, not the big ones!) I live in the Bermuda triangle of signal, so there's on here... It helps extend signal all the way into the yard, so maybe that could do the trick?
Google 'cellphone wifi extender' and you'll get the idea :D

pepsiandjac

10 Year Member!
Swansea UK
I like the idea of cameras! I don't think I have enough torts to justify some though... yet.
Have you ever heard of those cellphone-distance towers? (no, not the big ones!) I live in the Bermuda triangle of signal, so there's on here... It helps extend signal all the way into the yard, so maybe that could do the trick?
Just googled it,theres some on amazon that are pretty cheap just gotta work out what to do lol

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Not to rain on any parades ......but the Wi-Fi industry has exploded ...and your story is a perfect example. ***ANY type of emergency or alarm system should be " hard wired" to its power source as well as any viewing or recording devices. If using a Wi fi system it's sorta like gambling ....you win some and you lose some . Not worth the gamble it when comes to security and protectiono_O