Need help (not eating)

Jessicawwr

I got a new marginated baby tortoise two weeks ago, I've put fresh food down for her everyday, had her uvb bulb on for 12 hours daily and bathed her in warm water also, I have not seen her eat anything yet, and no food is ever gone from her bowl, why would this be? I'm so worried I'm doing something wrong please help

Jessicawwr

I got a new marginated baby tortoise two weeks ago, I've put fresh food down for her everyday, had her uvb bulb on for 12 hours daily and bathed her in warm water also, I have not seen her eat anything yet, and no food is ever gone from her bowl, why would this be? I'm so worried I'm doing something wrong please help

Heather H

Location (City and/or State)
N.E. ohio
if you post pictures of your set up people will help you . they will also ask what the temperature of the tank is. welcome. these guys are all great

Heather H

N.E. ohio
if you take pictures of her enclosure, state the temps in the enclosure someone here will hep you . welcome. I am a newbie and can't help much :) good luck

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Welcome to the forum. Please provide more information on your enclosure temps, warm side, cool side, basking and night. Pictures are helpful.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the forum, Jessica!

The most common cause of a tortoise not to eat is that it isn't warm enough. What type of UVB bulb are you using?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A warm welcome to the :tort:forum.

Take it easy. Where do you live and what's the weather like now in the country you live in? Am asking because:<3:torts "dislike" (if so I may put it) cold weather, and they tend to lose appetite during Winter.

My tort got into these "moods" which really worried me. Therefore I can understand you. After a lot of research, I came to learn the above. Some pics would be helpful. In the meantime good luck.

donna torti

This is a picture of her enclosure, it's what the breeder gave me
Hi I also got my baby marginated 2 n a bit weeks ago . He hasn't eaten anything I'm worried sick . My temps r 97 n 80 he is active but wnt eat .how long will he last without food getting scared