Need help for temporary enclosure

Tlynnxx

Location (City and/or State)
Fort McMurray
Hey friends ? Due to unforeseen circumstances I needed to make a temporary enclosure. And I need some help.

I purchased two of the largest sized tubs I've ever seen. I cut a nice rectangular shape hole in each. But I need to make some sort of tunnel or passageway. I didn't want to cut a circle as I dont want the shell to scrape on the sides.

Anyone have any ideas on what I could use to connect these 2 Rubbermaid bins ??

Thank you!

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Hey friends ? Due to unforeseen circumstances I needed to make a temporary enclosure. And I need some help.

I purchased two of the largest sized tubs I've ever seen. I cut a nice rectangular shape hole in each. But I need to make some sort of tunnel or passageway. I didn't want to cut a circle as I dont want the shell to scrape on the sides.

Anyone have any ideas on what I could use to connect these 2 Rubbermaid bins ??

Thank you!
Pics of tortoise and bins will help ?

Tortisedonk7

Indonesia
Make the rectangle tunnel from plywood, to match the inside dimension with that of the holes in the bin. Then make some plywood ‘flanges’ same dimension inside as the tunnel. Leave a 1inch border for the flange. (Basically making a square donut) screw the square donut on the inside of the bin aligned with the tunnel. Screw threw the plastic bin and into the front edge of the tunnel. Hopefully your tort isn’t too heavy.
Hope this makes since. Best I can explain with out making you a picture.
Going for something like the link below, but a square version.
Good luck.