Temporary outdoor enclosure!

ayrgrn

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Thought I'd share this little temporary enclosure for the outdoors when I get a bit of sun in dull England!IMG_20190323_111121.jpg Just a plastic container with some old Coco coir, hide and water dish. Good enough until I get a permanent outdoor enclosure ready for the summer! I'm thinking either a large gineau pig cage or a diy pen made of large bricks with a mesh lid? I need a lid because of my two dogs!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If I were doing this, I wouldn't have used the plastic liner. He might be able to climb up that and escape. But, good job, thinking about getting him outside in some real sunshine!

ayrgrn

UK
If I were doing this, I wouldn't have used the plastic liner. He might be able to climb up that and escape. But, good job, thinking about getting him outside in some real sunshine!
Thanks Yvonne!

dizzy_808

Pacific Grove, California
Looks good, one question though. What kind of pot are you using for that water bowl? I have been looking for a large shallow bowl like that for my tortoise’s enclosure. Thanks.

ayrgrn

UK
Looks good, one question though. What kind of pot are you using for that water bowl? I have been looking for a large shallow bowl like that for my tortoise’s enclosure. Thanks.
It's a terracotta plant pot saucer, got it from Wilko, they're highly recommended on the forum as they are shallow and made of a type of hard clay which helps torts keep their nails down. I use the same dish in my permanent indoor enclosure for food and water as when my tort eats on it, his beak gets worn down by the terracotta so I don't have to trim it :)
Hope this helped!