Need help again, please.

Edo

Location (City and/or State)
Milan, Italy
My tortoise has been acting very strange since we came up to the mountains, she has been sleeping all day, doesn’t eat or drink, I give her carrots and a salad, I need to go buy other foods she needs to eat (Did research online). Can someone please tell me how to take care of her, all the research I did online, before and now has not seemed to help me, tbh I believe I have been not caring of her properly from when I got her. During the night I bring the enclosure in so she is not cold. She is 6 months old.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Do you have any other heat or lights? Hopefully an expert can help you.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I realized that and edited my post. @Yvonne G might be able to help. Is that sand in the enclosure? Did you read the care sheet. Search the forum for Hermann care sheet.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Please read care sheet and check heat, light, diet, substrate, calcium, hydration and diet. Ask questions s as required but fix / resolve as required.

Reactions: Ink

Edo

Milan, Italy
I realized that and edited my post. @Yvonne G might be able to help. Is that sand in the enclosure? Did you read the care sheet. Search the forum for Hermann care sheet.
There is a care sheet? That helps a lot. That is not sand, it’s little rocks and dir. Thank you.

Edo

Milan, Italy
Do you have any other heat or lights? Hopefully an expert can help you.
There is a lot of sun light during the day here, very strong too, moved it as she kept going to the covered side, so I thought she was bothered by too much sun light.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
There is a lot of sun light during the day here, very strong too, moved it as she kept going to the covered side, so I thought she was bothered by too much sun light.
You say you have moved up to the mountains - sometimes a change of altitude can affect humans - making them unusually sleepy, for example - I wonder if tortoises can be affected like that ?
Angie