NEED a VET in Southern CA San Fernando STAT

fanofthedog

5 Year Member
Hi there-

My vet is away until Sunday. My tortoise started making these crazy noises ( I only caught one on video but he did it for at least 90 secs) He is now asleep but he's in the middle of the back patio and not in his house. This is unlike him. He puts himself to bed at 3:45 very day and this happened at 5pm. (my husband is coming home from work to pick Tyler up and put him in his warm house) This is the video of the noise. Please give me a vet recommendation if you have one in SoCal thanks.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I was unable to see the vid. Did you look under the vets list on the forum. If you can give more info, someone might be able to help, incase they can't see the vid. @Yvonne G may be able to help

fanofthedog

5 Year Member
Tom-
Thank you so much. I was hoping you'd share your vet with me! I ended up going to Encino to one of the vets listed and although the Dr seemed knowledgeable I feel that his vet tech did all the work on my follow ups and Im still thinking something is not right with Tyler. We did a round of antibiotics but now just a few weeks later Tyler has runny "leakage" and his pen looks like he is sitting in motor oil. Its possible that its only urine mixed with runny poop but I really need a good experience with a vet to put my mind at ease.

Just to clarify- you put your adult tortoises at 85% at night?? I was told that "its not natural" to go so high so Tyler has been at 75%. On trouble I have is that his eyes are frequently clouded with the salt deposits and I was afraid too much heat was the culprit. I'll ask Dr Molnar. The problem with Dr Isaac in Encino is they kept telling me that Tyler to was "too big to Xray" and after trying for THREE hours I was sent home with antibiotics. Can Dr Molnar Xray a 100b guy?

Thanks Tom. I really appreciate your generosity with sharing with others. I really am grateful for you and the other experts that reside her at TF.

Thanks
Karen

Call Dr. Molnar here: http://www.allanimals-veterinary.com

They are closed now, but I think they open at 8am. Tell the Doc Tom says hi.

Keep your tortoise warm overnight. I keep mine at 85 in winter here.

fanofthedog

5 Year Member
I changed ut hopefully you guys can see it now. It was terrifying!

fanofthedog

5 Year Member
Thanks so much for your help. I ended up going to vet on the list - they told me my guy was too big to Xray. Is that common? I changed the settings on his video. He definitely had a cough they said and gave me antibiotics but Im going to go to Toms vet from now on because the one in Encino wasn't what I was hoping for :(

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Tom-
Thank you so much. I was hoping you'd share your vet with me! I ended up going to Encino to one of the vets listed and although the Dr seemed knowledgeable I feel that his vet tech did all the work on my follow ups and Im still thinking something is not right with Tyler. We did a round of antibiotics but now just a few weeks later Tyler has runny "leakage" and his pen looks like he is sitting in motor oil. Its possible that its only urine mixed with runny poop but I really need a good experience with a vet to put my mind at ease.

Just to clarify- you put your adult tortoises at 85% at night?? I was told that "its not natural" to go so high so Tyler has been at 75%. On trouble I have is that his eyes are frequently clouded with the salt deposits and I was afraid too much heat was the culprit. I'll ask Dr Molnar. The problem with Dr Isaac in Encino is they kept telling me that Tyler to was "too big to Xray" and after trying for THREE hours I was sent home with antibiotics. Can Dr Molnar Xray a 100b guy?

Thanks Tom. I really appreciate your generosity with sharing with others. I really am grateful for you and the other experts that reside her at TF.

Thanks
Karen

My adults sleep in 50-60% humidity. I think its a nice compromise and seems to work just fine. 75% is fine too , as long as it stays 80 degrees or more all the time. Don't worry about what conventional keepers call "natural" or "un-natural". They don't have any experience with what they are talking about. I do.

Dr. Molnar treats bid aldabras and Galops, so I'm am guessing he could xray a 100 pounder if need be.