Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Help me find a cute name for her!
10391372_1695934337311224_5395160051246220881_n.jpg

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I never get to name my pets because they are always pre-owned. congrats on the new baby, she is adorable.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
This is going to be one stunning tortoise, with all kinds of marbling! Wow! You did very well on your selection! As for the names, I'm horrible with them. I usually name my pets by their personal characteristics. I don't know what your's like but she's definitely a Luke-r! (looker)

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
I don't know about a name but she sure is cute. Love the coloring and pronounced red,"cherry head" . Sure makes her stand out.

Rue

Canada
There are many good name resources on the web...or you can find a name you like from a favourite book or story character, celebrity, place you visited while on vacation, etc.

If I let anyone else ever name one of my pets...I'd now be riding a horse called Fencepost.

So you might want to make a short list of names YOU like, and settle on one of those. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I like to name my tortoises after the country they come from. So my rescued leopard tortoise is named Cincinnati (rescue came from there).

So you could use Salvador for a male, or Brasilia, Sao Paulo, Curitiba, Belem, Rondonia, etc.

Mark relates an interesting story about how the cherry head got its name in the Tortoise Library: http://www.tortoiselibrary.com/species-information-2/chelonoidis/red-footed-cherry-head/
That's great Yvonne, but you have so many torts! It's little different for us hobby keepers of one or two. There's sort of pressure to make this name count, or something like that, be meaningful. I was have just recently finishe watching Borgia series on netflix and if I got a pair now, would probably name them Cesarè and Lucretzia just because I love that part of history and italian italian names are gorgeous! Or... Sticking with south america you could go Less originally- Rio!