Need a humidifier/fogger

I need a humidifier to keep humidity up in my enclosurer. I know there is store bought ones wondering if anyone uses those and how good they work? I also see lots of people make DIY ones. Any easy ideas of one that I could make for my 40 gallon tub?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I've used a few things that cost ten bucks.
A tall plastic tube container with an aquarium airstone (bubble stone)placed at the bottom. The tube is filled with water and then add an aquarium air pump and line.
The fine bubbles popping will make a lot of humidity. The pump runs for pennies per month and you just add more water every few days.
I did this for years before I got my closed chamber setup dialed in.

nicole.graves

We bought the reptifogger from Amazon (it was $35 and sold at Petco for $75). We do quite a bit of diy and we have a custom built table for our red foot, but decided to take the easy way out with the fogger. [emoji4] My husband engineered a humidity controller for it (it's programmed to kick on/off when the humidity reaches certain thresholds).

Very cool how your husband engineered a control like that. I think I'm gonna go with a exo Terra monsoon 400 instead of doing a diy

baldegale

I've used a few things that cost ten bucks.
A tall plastic tube container with an aquarium airstone (bubble stone)placed at the bottom. The tube is filled with water and then add an aquarium air pump and line.
The fine bubbles popping will make a lot of humidity. The pump runs for pennies per month and you just add more water every few days.
I did this for years before I got my closed chamber setup dialed in.

i know this an extremely old topic but i was just doing a forum search for DIY ideas of the like and was wondering how high this would raise the humidity? gonna be using it in an 8’x3’x2’ enclosure for a redfoot or two.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Something as small as what I used wouldn't do much in a larger enclosure.
Just having it closed will hold in humidity without a fogger or anything else.
I used a layer of Orchid bark covered by a layer of soil.
I poured water into the corners and the bark absorbs the water and the soil stays pretty dry.
However, humidity is released via evaporation. I eventually had a perfect 82 degrees AND 85% humidity with just a 5.0 uvb strip light. Nothing else!
In the closed chamber just the small amount of heat generated by the florescent tube ballast was enough.

Reptilian Feline

Sweden
I was given an ultrasonic fogger from ExoTerra... one that might or might not be working (it had been returned to the store). It seems to be working and I will use it in the ExoTerra waterfall for my frogs (the waterfall has a small compartement for it). Then I found a similar one from Pondteam with a ring of LED lights for about half the price as the ExoTerra. Pondteam also have bigger ones. Both systems have automatic shutdowns when the water gets too low.