Warm air Humidifier or Fogger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieW

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Orlando
Hi all, I have been trying to find ways to keep my 6 month old red foots' enclosure more humid and am thinking about getting either a fogger or warm air humidifier.

I currently keep them in a 75 gallon rubber maid stock tank with no top in a spare room in my house. Its a small room more like a den which makes it really easy to get the temperatures higher.

I mist the enclosure 4-5 times a day and I was just seeing if their is perhaps a better alternative.

Any thoughts or opinions on investing in either a fogger or warm air humidifier would be great! Thanks :)

bobbymoore

5 Year Member
Stoney creek ontario
I put tin foil on the top of mine with a whole cut out for the light it keeps it around 80 for humidity and 85 for temp

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Warm air humidifier for winter months
Cool air fogged for summer months
However, take into consideration how cool you keep your house during the summer...if you are a polar bear and keep your ac going good all summer then I would choose the warm air humidifier.....:D

Also I agree with bobbymoore on that method as well ...:D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree, put a top on the enclosure. Otherwise either of the others will work. I use a warm mist humidifier.

EddieW

10 Year Member!
Orlando
Thanks guys! I'll work out a top for it and maybe just go with the warm air humidifier. I've heard mixed things about the foggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.