Need a bit help. New area

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyV

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winslow AZ
I have a Russian. We have just moved to Winslow Arizona. I have been putting her outside in a brick enclosure...it very hot here and fairly dry, so I have been wetting the ground around her little wood hiding log....the enclosure is long and probably 3 feet wide....it's actually a flower bed that hasn't been cared for. I bring her in at night......is this going to be ok till winter...it gets cold here as were in the northern part of AZ.
Thanks for your help

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Welcome to the forum!!

make sure there is enough shade for her. the shaded areas need to be in shade all day to stay cool. during the winter you need to hibernate her if she is of good weight and health.

M

Maggie Cummings

Cory is correct about the shade, it doesn't sound like there's enough shade to me. Maybe you can leave the hose trickling for her. That would help also. It sounds like it's ok as long as she can't escape and has enough shade. Sprinkle some flower/weed seeds around and water them. Russians love broad leaf weeds like dandelion and to have them growing would be awesome!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi LadyV:

Welcome to the forum!!

LadyV

5 Year Member
Winslow AZ
fgately said:
Winslow Arizona? From the Eagle's song? Cool.

Ok...so I need more than her log hide house?
Yes...from the eagle song....there is actually a corner here with a statue of a guy with a guitar, and all the tourist have there picture with it, "standin" on the corner"
standing_on_a_corner.jpg

081809163509_01.jpg

LadyV

5 Year Member
Winslow AZ
Yourlocalpoet said:
Take it easy? Man, I hate the Eagles.
Very cool photos though. :)

LOLOLOL..I HATE that song, always have and now every person I know has to sing it for me

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Hotel california?

Status
Not open for further replies.